The Historic Elgin Hotel is seeking a part-time Innkeeper to ensure an amazing and memorable guest experience and to support steady growth of the business. Day to day operations include housekeeping, laundry, and guest services. Food preparation and service, taking reservations, basic maintenance, and event hosting may be required from time to time.
The Innkeeper(s) must possess an attention to detail, a high level of cleanliness and strong customer service skills. Excellent communication skills and computer proficiency are also required. The Innkeeper must meet the physical demands of the job and share the owner’s passion for excellence, working under the guidelines of a supervisor and the policies and procedures set forth to promote the property to the community and its guests.
The Innkeeper must be flexible and adaptable due to a changing schedule each day, yet organized and detailed while remaining calm under pressure. Honesty and integrity are essential attributes of the team and set examples for all staff and contractors. Professional appearance is required at all times when guests are on the property.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exemplary customer service to all guests and vendors
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties in guest rooms and public spaces to ensure established standards of cleanliness are maintained
- Follow specific, established procedures as determined by the supervisor
- Launder towels, sheets, coverlets and linens as directed
- Report required equipment maintenance and supplies needed to the supervisor
- Prepare and serve breakfast to guests on an as needed basis
- Serve as a back-up in the absence of the front desk manager to respond as quickly as possible to all guest inquiries for overnight accommodations, encouraging guests to make reservations
- Check in guests as needed
- Serve as an event host as needed
- Other duties may arise from time to time and may be assigned
The Innkeeper will be required to operate a vacuum cleaner, steam mop, wet-dry vacuum, and carpet cleaner to perform the duties of this position. He/she will be required to be on his/her hands and knees at times and must possess the physical ability to lift bags of refuse, climb and sweep stairs, climb ladders, push and pull carts, lift buckets of water, and operate/move the necessary equipment.
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience cleaning a residence or place of business
- Able to learn and follow procedures and established techniques
- Able to learn and operate the cleaning equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Able to learn new computer software with ease
- Friendly attitude; able to put people at ease
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to prepare food by following a recipe
- Cleaning duties are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Established procedures are followed.
- Interacts cooperatively with others to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Performs work according to prescribed safety standards.
- Reports needed supplies and equipment maintenance in a timely manner.
Amidst the peaceful Flint Hills of Kansas stands the Historic Elgin Hotel, the region’s finest fully-renovated boutique hotel. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Elgin’s 19th century limestone building provides a unique venue to rest, relax and reconnect in an atmosphere that blends the nostalgia of the past with the luxuries of today. Five living rooms, an outdoor verandah, a fitness center and a game lounge compliment twelve unique suites to create an exceptional getaway. Private ensuite bathrooms, jacuzzis, and Smart TVs as well as complimentary Wifi, in-room refrigerators, docking stations, and plush robes and slippers make a stay at the Elgin an unforgettable experience for its guests. The elegant Victorian ballroom, conference room and courtyard are available for weddings, celebrations, meetings and gatherings.
For qualified applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.